Instagram ♥

Saturday, August 9, 2014

My Top 5 Girl Crushes!

:D Thank you my darling #bassclef a.k.a Fion for tagging me in this post! :) You guys can go read her Top 5 Girl Crushes HERE! :)

I totally agree with her that any of us will be completely lying if we say we don't have girl crushes. I love looking at girls rather than guys when I walk on the street. I love searching up girls pictures too and if I'm to put up any posters on my wall, it will be girls' posters rather than guys'. Not because I'm a lesbian (I don't have anything against them btw), it's just because girls are totally "magnificent creatures" (quoted from Jenna Marbles, I skipped the "f-word" lol). I would love to see what they wear, how great their hair and skin looks, and even how confident they are, and most importantly, I can find in them something that I want myself to become. :) It's not a bad thing right?

So here comes my Top 5 Girl Crushes!




Girl Crush # 1 The Unlikely Ballerina, Misty Copeland



I found out about Misty yesterday, and she's immediately on the top of my girl crushes list. 

Although I love looking at gorgeous girls, it's still their personality and qualities that attracts me most. (Damn, I sound like a guy here hahahaha) 

I'll show you guys why she intrigues me so much.
1. She didn’t start dancing until she was 13. That’s 6 years later than most ballet professionals.
2. She proved you don’t have to be “average” to be exceptional. Copeland is 5 foot 2, which is two inches shorter than the average ballet dancer, and also proved an obstacle to her dancing career that she had to overcome.


When she went to audition for a ballet academy, she was told that she has the wrong body for ballet, this is the letter that she received: 


Dear Candidate,
Thank you for your application to our ballet academy. Unfortunately you have not been accepted. You lack the right feet, Achilles tendons, turnout, torso length, and bust. You have the wrong body for ballet, and at 13, you are too old to be considered.
3. A girl who, as she grows into a woman, also grows out of the traditional shape of a ballerina — she has larger breasts, bigger feet and a more muscular leg tone.
4. And yet, at 24, Misty Copeland became only the second black soloist in the history of the American Ballet Theatre, the most prestigious company in North America.
5. She’s a ground-breaker. She is only the third black female soloist in the history of the American Ballet Theater. Since 2008, she has been the only black female member of the American Ballet Theater company.

“Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” ~ Marie Curie 


“Misty Copeland is only the third African-American soloist at the American Ballet Theater and first in twenty years. If you know anything about me, that’s already grounds for: “you had me at hello.” But then Misty had to go ahead and be an actual prodigy as she stomped on notions of what a ballerina’s body should like, all while being gorgeous and I’m crying.
Misty didn’t even begin dancing until she was 13 years old and by age 18 was hired by the ABT. In 2007, at 25 years old, she was appointed soloist…
…While there’s nothing wrong with being long and willowy, I’m happy to see a different type of body being appreciated in a world that can be notoriously harsh and uniform in its aesthetics.”


Check out her biography video when she was 15. Just look at the way she dance and her passion truly shines through her face. :) 











Girl Crush # 2 The Unpretentious Jennifer Lawrence


I love her smile, I love her being so downright hilarious and cool. She just make me feel fresh and different than a lot of other hollywood stars. 

She didn't lose her head in the acting field, and she has her own views on life. Some quotes of hers: 

“Don’t worry about the bitches in school — that could be a good motto, because you come across people like that throughout your life.”

“Not to sound rude, but [acting] is stupid. Everybody’s like, ‘How can you remain with a level head?’ And I’m like, ‘Why would I ever get cocky? I’m not saving anybody’s life. There are doctors who save lives and firemen who run into burning buildings. I’m making movies. It’s stupid.’”

Jennifer Lawrence is a great role model for young women. Her views on body image are really awesome, and she tells young women to be strong and stand up for themselves. I love her views on being a strong, independent woman and not letting the Hollywood lifestyle take over her true personality! Go Feminism!
“I don’t really diet or anything. I’m miserable when I’m dieting and I like the way I look. I’m really sick of all these actresses looking like birds… I’d rather look a little chubby on camera and look like a person in real life, than look great on screen and look like a scarecrow in real life.”
“Why do you want to discuss on my weight? I mean…it doesn’t matter how much I weigh.”




Jennifer Lawrence is also quite hilarious. I truly love watching any kind of interview with her because she is so real and down to earth! She also becomes incredibly shy and starstruck when she meets certain idols of hers. For example, the famous interview after she won her Oscar, she sees Jack Nicholson and absolutely loses it! She also “politely stalked” John Stamos at a party one time. She is very down to earth and really funny, and she is also not afraid to show her love for any and all food! She is extremely grateful for what she has, and rarely complains or takes things for granted!
“I’m doing what I love, and then I get months and months of rest. I have a lot of money for a 21-year-old. I can’t stand it when actors complain.”


This video that cracks me up so much! :) The one that makes me fall madly in love with her. Hahahaha! :)







And you guys must check out this one! Jennifer fan-girling when she saw Jack Nicholson up close Hahahahaa!








Girl Crush # 3 The Awesome Make Up Guru, Michelle Phan




Michelle Phan! She's my ultimate make-up guru. Believe it or not, she's the first person who taught me how to make up. I started learning make up after I got to Shanghai, pretty late actually. LOL.

I don't really wear much make up last time, and it was Halloween 2010 (4 years ago!) when my ex-roommate, Miki decided we were to dress up as Lolita Girls. We even got the costumes ready lol. Then I decided I want to do some make up to complete the halloween look, so I searched up Youtube and Michelle's video popped up! :)



I opened this video because I've been a big fan of Tim Burton after watching Edward Scissorhands.






Hahahahah! Pictures from Halloween 2010! When I still have my bangs! I don't think I totally copied the right amount of eye shadow, coz it still look pretty light in this video, but yeah, that was the first time I tried out something different! :)

This picture makes me miss Miki more! The good old times! We love doing all sorts of spontaneous crazy things together. :)







And the reasons why I love Michelle's tutorial because I love listening to her sweet, calming voice. Just open a video and you'll know what I'm talking about. She's not too hyped or too elaborated on her talking, so for make-up newbies like me, last time, it was good enough so I won't get all too excited or nervous. LOL.

Besides, she always uses great music in the background! :) I always end up looking at the Youtube comments or the video description to check out what songs she is using. :)))





And now she even has her own cosmetic brand! :) She's another inspiration for us all that if you really do what you like to do whole-heartedly, you can achieve everything that you want! :)





And my fav video for the day! I want to look like Miranda Kerr! Will try this make up soon. :))))








Girl Crush # 4 The Girl With The Cutest Dimples, Miranda Kerr



I can't imagine anyone not loving Miranda Kerr. Seriously. Who can resist those dimples and smile?? She's probably the most perfect girl I've ever seen, from head to toe. :)








Perfect body!! She's exactly the type of poster girl that I want to stick on the wall of my room as a workout motivation. :D





Angelic face with the exceptional body!!! :) *drools* I can look at her pictures all day long. LOL.




She looks good in anything. I bet even in granny pants she will still look as hot! :)






Girl Crush #5 The Dragon Girl, Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke)




If you guys don't already know, Game of Thrones is my best-loved television series of all time. And one of my most favourite character inside will be the dragon girl, Daenarys Targaryen. 

She used to be a very weak girl listening to her older brother, and she wed a savage because her brother needs the savage ppl to fight for the throne for him. But it turns out the savage she married, Khal Drogo, is the sweetest man on earth. I fell in love with him so much! He's the most protective and most manly guy I've ever seen! :)

You just need to watch the series to know more. 

Btw Emilia originally has dark brown hair. So gorgeous!








And when she acts as Daenarys with the while hair, she looks so angelic! :) Anyway don't even try to mess with her because she's incredibly strong, and at the same time, kind and with justice too. :) Totally has the queen quality!




Phew, I spent a lot of time summing up my girl crushes and looking up for pictures and videos! Hope you guys enjoy it! :)))) Thank you again to Fion for inspiring the birth of this post! :))) Till then, xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment