Instagram ♥

Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Easiest Foolproof Malaysian Food "大葱虾饼" RECIPE!

Seriously, am I really blogging about food recipe right now?!?!?! LOL! This is like my very first time teaching my readers how to cook something and I'm very nervous. *wipes sweat* Hahahahaa!

Anyway I can reassure you guys, if I can do it, you definitely can do it better than me. ;D Here's the omg-taste-so-heavenly-goodness-totally-foolproof Malaysian snacks/小吃 ----- 大葱虾饼!!!! *applause!!*

I've forgotten most of my Bahasa Malaysia, and I went Google Translate and got the direct translation: Bawang Udang Kek hahahahaa wtf. Wait, it gets even better, the English direct translation, Onion Shrimp Cake! Hahahaa! :D Ridiculous as it sounds,, these 3 languages translation should be enough to tell you all what this is about already, right? :D



Let's start with the ingredients! I'll make it in 2 languages for everyone's convenience hahaha! :)


Ingredient I (材料一)

Shrimp 300g (remove the shells, intestinal mud and mince it up)
虾 300g (去壳,去肠泥,剁碎)

Scallion (minced)
青葱 (切粒)

Red Chilli (minced)
红辣椒 (剁碎)

Onion (minced)
大葱(切碎)

Dried Shrimps (immerse in water to soften it and then mince it up)
虾米 (浸软,剁碎)



Ingredient II (材料二)

面粉(3大匙)
Flour (3 tbsp)

发粉 (1大匙)
Yeast (1 tbsp)

水 (适量)
Water 

鸡蛋 (2粒)
2 Eggs


Ingredient III (材料三)

盐 (适量)
Salt





PS: I spent like 45 minutes mincing everything lol! :D






THE STEPS:


1) Filter the flour and baking powder into a big bowl, put in the eggs, add decent amount of water and start  stirring it clockwise until you get a smooth batter.
面粉和发粉过筛进大碗, 打入2粒鸡蛋, 加适量的水,同一方向搅拌至光滑的面糊。











2) Insert Ingredient I & III, continue stirring until even.
加入材料一和材料三,持续搅拌至均匀。











3) Heat the oil, use a tablespoon to scoop up the mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, and  fried until it turns golden.
烧热油, 用汤匙勺面糊, 放入热油, 炸至金黄便可。









That's it! It's good to go with Thai Chilli Sauce! :DDDD Happy trying! :DDDD

No comments:

Post a Comment