Instagram ♥

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Video Covers by My Twins and I :)

Tell you guys a secret I've been trying to hide for a long time. *serious face*
Actually, I have a twin sister who look exactly like me. As in....... EXACTLY like me. Lol.

I think it's now time to introduce her to you all. Her name is Xixi No.2. 

Okay, that's a lame name. Hahahahaa! Fine. Enough craps. 

The true story is my baby girl, Sera, had requested me to do a violin and piano cover of the song Heartbeat by 2pm. I was happy with the request because I had been staying at home everyday with nothing else to do but eat, sleep, practise and cook. LOL. So this turned into an exciting and challenging project.

However, there was a problem. I didn't have anyone to play the piano accompaniment part for me. :'( I tried to ask some of my pianist friends to help but none of them were in Malaysia. And I thought this cover was not going to work out. :( If only I could play the piano and violin myself, at the same time. :(

*smack head* HEY, RIGHT! If only I could play the piano and violin myself, at the same time!!! :D

I had saw a lot of videos on Youtube where ppl clone themselves in video and I thought that was pretty amazing. And now I think I can use that technique in my video to solve my no-piano-accompaniment problem. :) So I started to search online on how to clone myself in the video and then downloaded the required software to get it done.

This whole thing is like solving a difficult math problem. LOL. You'll have to do it step-by-step. After I get the general idea of how to work with the software I started to work on the music. There was a sheet music I found online but it doesn't really match the real recording so in the end I had to listen to the original video again and again and improvise myself on the piano. Haha. Just like ear training class.

Recording is the hardest part. I need to record the violin part and piano part separately, so I need to make sure the rhythm is exactly on time. It doesn't help when the bass of the piano part is full of semiquavers lol. I have to keep counting semiquavers like crazy when I am playing the whole time. Going insane already. 

I spent like 3 days recording and finally got the not-so-bad version. At least now the rhythm is pretty much in place. Hahahaha. I'm really happy to get a lot of positive comments on FB! Thank you so much guys! :)



Here's the Heartbeat cover. :)







My friend, Osman, commented on my previous video saying that I could try making a Hari Raya Song Cover next time. And I was like, heyyyy that's a good idea! :D 

So I came up with this Hari Raya Song Medley that included 3 Hari Raya songs. Aidilfitri, Balik Kampung and Selamat Hari Raya. :)

I don't feel like letting my clone to play piano this time, so I decided to let her play percussion instead. LOL. Well, if you don't have drums/percussion stuff at home, you can always improvise. :)


Watch, you will know what I use. Hahahahaha! :)




Selamat Hari Raya to all my dearest Muslim friends! :) Have fun! :))))

No comments:

Post a Comment